Moray SNP News
SNP CONFERENCE SETS OUT PROGRESSIVE POLICIES
Richard Lochhead has today welcomed a series of policy announcements made by the First Minister Nicola Sturgeon at the SNP Spring Conference in Glasgow.
The First Minister confirmed that a re-elected SNP government will:
- Increase Maternity Grants for the birth of a first child; reintroduce payments for subsequent children; and introduce payments for children beginning nursery and starting school.
- Extend free school meals to all 2, 3 and 4 year olds in our nurseries.
- Invest an extra £750 million over the next Parliament, partly paid for by making the Council Tax fairer, to tackle raise the attainment of the most disadvantaged young people.
- Protect NHS funding in every year of the next Parliament and invest an additional £50 million in cancer treatment.
- Extend superfast broadband to every community in Scotland.
Commenting, Richard Lochhead said:
“At the SNP Conference this weekend the First Minister set out a number of policies that I will be proud to take to people in Moray in the Scottish Parliament election in May.
“The SNP already has record to be proud of: crime is at a 41 year low; Council Tax bills have been frozen for nine years; more school leavers are in work, education or training than ever before; the health budget has reached a record £13 billion; and we have fully mitigated the Bedroom Tax.
“The bold agenda set out by the First Minister will build on this record of achievement – to deliver a fairer, more prosperous and confident country.
“It is clear that the only way to secure this progressive vision for Scotland is to vote both votes SNP and re-elect a strong SNP government led by Nicola Sturgeon as First Minister.”