Moray SNP News
Angus Robertson MP visited the Forres Delivery Office to thank local postmen and women for their hard work during Royal Mail’s busiest period
- This year Royal Mail has been celebrating its 500th anniversary, with this festive period marking half a millennium of delivering Christmas cards and parcels
- The last recommended posting dates for Christmas are: Second Class – Tuesday 20 December, First Class- Wednesday 21 December and Special Delivery - Thursday 22 December
The SNP's Mr Robertson was shown around the office by Delivery Office Manager, Michael Young, and was introduced to the postmen and women, who are pulling out all the stops to sort and deliver mail in Forres over the Christmas period.
The Festive Season is Royal Mail’s busiest period, as millions of people shop online for gifts and send Christmas cards and parcels.
As Royal Mail’s 500th anniversary draws to a close, this Christmas provides an opportunity to reflect on the centuries of hard work delivering to every single address in the UK.
Angus Robertson MP said:
“At no other time is the hard work and dedication of postmen and women clearer than during the festive period.”
“I thank them for the extraordinary lengths they go to ensure Christmas cards and presents are delivered to loved ones on time, and for all they do year-round.”
Michael Young, Royal Mail Delivery Office Manager, said: “It was a pleasure to show Angus Robertson MP our Christmas operation and to hear his kind words of encouragement and support.”
“We are extremely proud of our postmen and women for all their hard work during the Festive Season and for continuing our proud history of delivering Christmas mail.”
The last recommend posting dates for Christmas are:
Second Class – Tuesday 20 December 2016
First Class – Wednesday 21 December 2016
Special Delivery – Thursday 22 December 2016
Customers can also help Royal Mail ensure that all their letters, cards and parcels are delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible by taking a few easy steps:
- Post early – Avoid disappointment by posting your cards and parcels early.
- Use a postcode – A clearly addressed card or parcel, with a postcode, and return address on the back of the envelope, will ensure quick and efficient delivery.
- Use Special Delivery – For valuable and important packages and parcels guarantee delivery with Royal Mail’s Special Delivery, which means your gift is tracked, traced and insured against loss.
- Wrap parcels well and always give a return address
- For more information about Royal Mail’s last recommended posting dates, please visit: www.royalmail.com/greetings or call 03457 740 740.